When I need to achieve partition resize for my hard disk space on my system of Windows, someone said that just by the help of built-in disk management, do without needing of other hdd partition manager, yet somehow, I made much effort and it also were not able to meet my requirements satisfactorily. Here I get a conclusion between the Windows hard drive management method and the third party partition software—Partition Assistant offered by Aomei Technology as example.
Windows disk management tool vs. Partition Assistant
Both of them can create partition, enlarge partition, and shrink partition, delete partition, format partition, change drive letter, set a partition active, convert the basic disk to dynamic disk, transform computer filesystem.
Superiorities of Partition Assistant
- Move partition: Sometimes, if it has C and D drive, as well as some unallocated space, we hope to expand C partition, but without moving D partition, we can’t extend it from your unallocated space with Windows disk management tool, Partition Assistant is able to do.
- Extend partition: With Partition Assistant, enlarge as you wish, but, when use Windows disk management tool, there needs to be unallocated disk space following the partition that you want to enlarge, otherwise, “Extend Volume” option is grayed out.
- Hide partition: you can easliy hide partition which won’t find out by others to keep our privacy.
- Unlimited extend partition volume around the total size, but Windows disk management approach just could reduce lower than half.
- Permanently delete partition: never recovered by others.
- Check error: help users to seek out errors.
- Convert dynamic disk to basic disk: to achieve the inter-conversion between these two categories of disks, make full use of these advantages.
- Label partitions: Partition Assistant make available convenience to change the label of partition, for those who storage some music files, label “music” your partition label, on this function, it does you a favor to identify.
Attention: Before Vista, Windows disk management tool can’t support partition resize for hard disk drive space, like Windows XP, 2000, 2003.
Partition Assistant supports all of operating systems, for example Windows 7/XP/2000/Vista and Server 2008/2003/2000, all hard disks recognized by Windows such as IDE, SATA, SCSI, Hardware RAID, USB external disks, and Fire wire disks.
After you download the partition software, every procedure could be achieved on one window, and easy to partition resize for your drive space under the condition of without losing data. More from here: How to extend system partition, expand and enlarge C: drive partition?